The K&A Guide to Suit Maintenance
- Use a good hangerThe King & Allen hanger is now in its 10th year of development and we’re still improving the design – so that it gives structure to the suit and prevents a crease forming on the trouser – whilst not taking up too much space in your wardrobe. The support a good hanger provides is especially important when you come to…
- Shower with your suitsNot literally of course. However much you love your suits please don’t shower with them. Or take them to bed. Instead hang a suit on the back of the bathroom door and the steam will not only remove odours and minor stains but also creases. It will mean you can avoid dry cleaners.
- Avoid dry cleanersThe chemicals used by dry cleaners are not healthy for natural fibres. If you follow these rules a suit should not need dry cleaning more than once every six months. Even urgent stains should be spot cleaned. The higher the S number the more this advice applies. More than anything else, however, it’s vital you…
- RotateAfter you’ve worn your suit if you can hang it in an airy place for a few days and let the natural fibres breathe it will do the cloth, and the suit as a whole, a world of good.
- Pockets Avoid using the pockets if possible. A large wallet, for example, can stretch the wool or put strain on the stitching.
- Fit Finally, make sure that the suit fits in the first place! A poor fit will put strain on the stitching..Call 0800 0274430 or contact us here for more information. We have fitting locations in London: Liverpool St, Savile Row and Charing Cross; Nottingham; Leeds; Wilmslow and Surbiton. We also have a new store in Amersham.
Dry Cleaners Fit http://kingandallen.co.uk/tag/style-predictions/Suit Maintenance Steaming Suit Care